- Are you an EMT school?
- Are your questions from old NREMT exams?
- Does using EMTprep.com really help?
- How quick can I expect an email response?
- I chose the wrong membership type! How can I switch to the kind of membership I need?
- Is there an app I can download for EMTprep?
- How can I reset my password?
- Can I print the study guides?
- Can I create my own set of flashcards to study?
- I am an instructor and would like to buy memberships for my students. How do I do that?
- Will you ever share my data with anyone?
- I am getting a payment error when I try to sign up. Why won’t your website accept my card?
- I never received a receipt, can you send me one?
- What do I do if I fail my test after using your site?
- How much time do I need to study for the NREMT?
- Where can I register for a state-approved EMT course?
- This is my first time taking the NREMT. What can I expect?
- Can I retake the EMT exam?
- How long is the Authorization To Test (ATT) letter valid?
- Where do I schedule my NREMT exam?
- What is a passing score for the NREMT?
- How long is the NREMT exam?
- How many questions is the NREMT exam?
- Is the NREMT exam hard?
- How do I schedule the NREMT exam?
- I am having trouble logging in, what can I do?
Our Study System
Are you an EMT school?
Nope, we just help to bridge the gap between your classes and the NREMT test.Back to top
Are your questions from old NREMT exams?
No, it would be illegal to take their questions. We offer the same types of questions, that cover the same categories that you’ll see on your NREMT exam. They come from current DOT, AHA, and state guidelines.Back to top
Does using EMTprep.com really help?
Yes! We’ve helped thousands of students pass their NREMT test. You have to put in all the hard work, but we’re here for you along the way.Back to top
How quick can I expect an email response?
We try and answer all emails within 24. Often much sooner.Back to top
I chose the wrong membership type! How can I switch to the kind of membership I need?
Just shoot us an email and we’ll get you the level you need.Back to top
Is there an app I can download for EMTprep?
At this time, we do not offer an app. EMTprep is optimized for all devices/browsers and this allows us to ensure our information is continually updated.Back to top
How can I reset my password?
You can reset your password by clicking the link “Forgot Your Password?” in the login area of the homepage. Or just use this link to reset it.Back to top
Can I print the study guides?
Absolutely! More than anything we want you to have access to your study guides as much as possible. Feel free to type in the answers and print, or fill our the answers by hand.Back to top
Can I create my own set of flashcards to study?
Yes! You can study with the flashcards we have made for you, or you can create your own.Back to top
I am an instructor and would like to buy memberships for my students. How do I do that?
We offer group discounts to schools and EMS programs across the country. Visit our bulk membership page for more information about pricing and classroom management tools.Back to top
Will you ever share my data with anyone?
No! We will NEVER share your information with anyone.Back to top
I am getting a payment error when I try to sign up. Why won’t your website accept my card?
We know it’s frustrating when technology doesn’t seem to be working. Try just one more time, ensuring your name, credit card number, CVV, and billing address are typed in correctly on the payment page. If you are still having problems, email us and we will help to get your account set up.Back to top
I never received a receipt, can you send me one?
bsolutely, go to the 'Payment History' on your account and you can view your receipt information from there. If anything other format is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.Back to top
What do I do if I fail my test after using your site?
Take a deep breath… This is an awful and tricky test and you just need a little more time to study. Contact us and we will extend your membership until you pass.Back to top
About the NREMT
How much time do I need to study for the NREMT?
We recommend that you allow 2-8 weeks to study for the NREMT. Use our website, study your books, and review your classroom materials. If you have less time to study (i.e. the night or week before the exam), we can still be useful in that we expose you to the types of questions and the format of the NREMT. However, this is not the type of test you should cram for.Back to top
Where can I register for a state-approved EMT course?
Check out our NREMT Info page and select your state. At the bottom of each state page you will see a list of EMS programs. Contact the program(s) you are interested in to get started with the registration process.Back to top
This is my first time taking the NREMT. What can I expect?
Check out the article we wrote on “What to Expect on the NREMT”.Back to top
Can I retake the EMT exam?
Yes. If you fail the NREMT exam, you are able to apply for retesting 15 days after your failed exam. After 3 failed attempts, you must submit proof you have completed remedial training (Visit EMT-CE.com for more info on Remedial Training for the NREMT cognitive exam). After remedial training, you have 3 more opportunities to pass the NREMT. If you fail all 6 attempts at the NREMT exam, you must complete the entire course again.Back to top
How long is the Authorization To Test (ATT) letter valid?
90 days. If you do not pass your exam before the ATT letter expiration date, you must complete a new application.Back to top
Where do I schedule my NREMT exam?
Once you have completed the course, and your Instructor has notified the state and the NREMT that you’re approved to test, contact Pearson Vue to get the NREMT cognitive exam scheduled.Back to top
What is a passing score for the NREMT?
The exam is scored as pass/no pass. If you do not pass the exam, you will receive a report of your results. You will have your content areas described in one of three ways: Above passing, near passing, or below passing.Back to top
How long is the NREMT exam?
The test can shut off earlier, but the time limit for each exam is:Back to top
- EMR - 1 hour and 45 minutes
- EMT - 2 hours
- AEMT - 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Paramedic - 2 hours and 30 minutes
How many questions is the NREMT exam?
- EMR - 90-110 questions
- EMT - 70-120 questions
- AEMT - 135 questions
- Paramedic - 80-150 questions
Is the NREMT exam hard?
The NREMT exam is a Computer Adaptive Testing exam and is designed to get harder the more correct answers you select. This is to assess if you are able to stay above the minimum passing standard set forth by the National Registry board of Directors. This exam is tricky, but EMTprep is here to help you set yourself up to pass this test the first time!Back to top
How do I schedule the NREMT exam?
Follow the instructions on the ATT letter to schedule your exam. Here are the eight steps you need to take, as instructed by the NREMT, so you can schedule your exam.Back to top
I am having trouble logging in, what can I do?
If you are having trouble logging in, there are several things we recommend trying:Back to top
- Check that your email and password are correct. If you can't remember your password you can use the forgot password form to reset it.
- If you encounter an error when logging in, try using a different browser or device.
- You can also try clearing your browser's cookies and cache. We've linked tutorials for major browsers/devices below:
- Still having trouble? Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org